Sean and I started walking and walking and walking and ended up in the ethnic area of St. Laurent, close to Paul's neighborhood. We must have walked 3 miles! Not unusual when you are on foot in Montreal. I had a smoked meat sandwich at Schwartz's, the best in town. Just smoked meat on french bread with some mustard. It really is melt in your mouth and a must for each trip to Montreal.
There are lots of very artistic murals like this one around the city.
Just enjoy the sights......
Wow!
We were so exhausted from all the walking, so we took le Metro back, a few stops away from the hotel and walked around Chinatown. They bulldozed a lot of Chinatown down to build the Palais de Congres, so there are only about 4 blocks left. It is pretty old and not that much to look at but it was still an experience!
This is a sampling of what the restaurant offers. Doesn't really look that appetizing to me....
I thought it was neat to see all this produce out on the sidewalk but it really doesn't look the freshest. Wait til I post the photos of the market we went to, then you'll see fresh!
We are out of Chinatown now, but as you can tell, I am in love with the architecture.
I have always been fascinated with this church. It has all of the apostles standing on the roof, watching over the people, with the Savior in the middle. I know it so well, that this is one of the images in my mind when I think of Montreal.
This is the Sun Life building. It reminds me of Mr. Roberts, since Andrea and I would walk there every day after working at Concordia, meet him and ride home on le Metro together. He would read the newspaper and had a very distinct way of folding it as to read it in a cramped space during rush hour when everyone is packed on the train like sardines.
Our hotel was right across the street from the Apostle church and the Sun Life building.
This is the view out of our window, we stayed on the 4th floor. Oh, my aching feet..........
1 comment:
Your pictures are much better then mine.
That meat sandwich looks great.
cindy
Post a Comment