Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Diner et Souper

The conference was at Le Palais du Congres, and after the testimony, we had lunch with John and Cindy at a little restaurant called Basha.  It is a Lebanese restaurant, and Sean didn't see anything on the menu that he was interested in eating.......so he did the most logical thing and went to Subway acroos the hall.  He quickly returned and said,"Mom, what do I usually order ?"  I said ham and turkey and cheese with no sauce.  He said the menu was completely in French and he didn't know what to say.  I told him to order in English and he did , and he came back and ate with us.  This is what I ordered, a 4 salad plate.  The hummus was so flavorful and the falafel and mango were so delicious.Ricky ordered some meat and he really liked the flavors too.  The red is not beets, it is pickled turnip!We  picked up Paul at work and drove to his neighborhood.  I love this little vintage store front.  Feeling blue?Paul treated us to a Portugese restaurant called "Coco Rico".  It was so good!  The rotisserie chickens were roasting over the potatoes, and all the drippings melted onto the potatoes!  Paul got it to go and we ate at his place........in the basement.There was areally cute store across the street.I took this phot of the shop across the street from Paul's place, just for Jeremy.  Look at all those street bikes!!!
I messed up with the pictures, but this is the menu at "Coco Rico".  I thought it was interesting.

2 comments:

Nielson said...

The food looks really good! You should have ordered for Sean in french--then he would have eaten some vegetables without knowing it :)

cindy-stitches-n-stuff.blogspot.com said...

I should have been with you.

cindy