Monday, April 20, 2009

A quilt for Sean, finally...


When I was in Utah, I would hang out with Lindsay during the day, play with Bridger and Kennedy, hang out with my kids, go to lunch with my friends, go to quilt classes, go to school activities, but now that I've moved.........I have a lot more time. Now I go to exercise class every morning and do a lot of sewing and some shopping. What a life! I am enjoying it while I can.
I started working on a quilt for Sean. I am really excited about it, I think it is going to turn out really nicely. Sean is very excited about finally getting a quilt too. I'm not sure how I will back the quilt yet. I originally thought a beige or light green plaid, then I thought a plaid flannel, now I am thinking an olive green chenille, I just don't know. Any suggestions?


These blocks were really easy, but the ones I am sewing to fill in the blanks have lots of little pieces.

3 comments:

cindy-stitches-n-stuff.blogspot.com said...

You go girl! I vote for the chenile back. Find the red!

Kimberly said...

I adore the scout idea. I would LOVE to do that for my boys, but I have no knowledge....You are so talented! I guess I'll just have to enjoy yours from afar. Wow!

Rachel said...

I am woefully behind in my blog reading! You have such a talent with sewing! I am so impressed by all of the things you have been making. I am slowly working on my quilt. I'll send you a picture when I am finished.
Looking at the family pictures at Easter reminded me of how grownup Sean and Vanessa are now! Time flies!
Looks like you are settling into life in Florida. Any word on when Addison might be moving back? Thanks for the pictures of he and his wife, too! They both look really happy!