Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Ricky's Birthday



It was Ricky's 50th birthday yesterday. It was a very emotional day, but not because of his age!

He accepted a job in Ocala, Florida. When one of the city council members called him to tell him they approved his contract, he could hear cheering and clapping in the background. They are very anxious to have him work for them as City Manager. On the other hand, he officially resigned as City Manager in South Jordan, at City Council meeting. It was a very emotional thing to do, as he loves each and every member of the city council, and the mayor. They have worked so well together and they have been so good to him. There were some tears shed. There will be alot more emotion in the days to come as the reality of leaving his co workers becomes a reality. They aren't just co workers, they are good friends, true friends.

Ricky will be leaving here the end of August, and driving to Florida, to begin work on September 8th. Ocala is 45 miles north of Orlando, 4 hours south of his father, and an hour and a half north of his brother. Sean, Vanessa and I will be staying here until the house sells, which we hope won't take too much longer than 6 months. Addison is coming home from South Africa on December 18th, and will travel to Florida with us. Vanessa plans to go to Florida for college, in January. We would love to have you come and stay with us for a visit. We will be really close to Disneyworld!

9 comments:

The Whatcott's said...

Cindy,
Our hearts too are full of emotion at the thought of you guys leaving. You are both amazing people, who we love and are so happy to call our friends. I know things happen for a reason, and there is something waiting there for you to do.
I love your blog. It is so cute. I wish I had someone to help me get mine started. I can't figure it out. This will be a great way to keep up with you and your family. Best wishes and may the Lord bless you in all you do. Love, Pam

The Blairs said...

What?!?!?!? Wow!!!! That is great news. Congrats to him on the new job. Ocala will be great, but we will miss you here. I hope it all works out just the way you want it to.

Auntie Lolo said...

Congrats on the new job!! I will definitely come visit when we are in Florida, which is often!!

cindy-stitches-n-stuff.blogspot.com said...

Cindy

What are John and I going to do with you?

Cindy

cindy-stitches-n-stuff.blogspot.com said...

Cindy

I'm so emotional I can't see what I'm typing.

It should be "WITHOUT" YOU

Cindy

Nielson said...

Looks like we're going to get to know Mickey Mouse pretty well!!! :) Ocala is lucky to get you guys.

The Bruce Family said...

wow , congrats to Ricky on his new job. The rest of the family will be sad to see you go. Olivia just asked if there is beaches there. She said we could all go to the beach like we did here. lol. Love Dianne

Rachel said...

WOW!!! Congratulations! Good luck with the move. We'll have to come see you when Mike goes to Florida for work next!
It was so nice to see some pictures from PEI. I recognize a lot of those people!
Cindy your quilts are beautiful!!!
Congratulations again on Ricky's job!

AJ and Jennifer said...

Welcome back to Florida!