Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Our trip to Prince Edward Island



Most of my family lives on the island.

The first photo was taken with Uncle John, Aunt Mary and one of their sons (my cousin) Leslie.

Uncle John is Mom's brother. Uncle Billie is his twin brother, but he passed away about 5 years ago.
The second photo is of us with Uncle Wilf and Veronica. Uncle Wilf is my father's brother. He took us to dinner at the Charlottetown Hotel.

The next photo is of my cousin Jayne, Lindsay and I. When we were 19 years old, Jayne, Hal and I went to the opening of Jaws. We went to the beach afterwards and were terrified! We had so much fun together.

The last picture is of Dianne, Steve and their children olivia and Connor. Dianne is my first cousin, Uncle Billie and Aunt Joyce's daughter.










Some of our favorite experiences at Mom's was the food. These strawberries are so sweet and juicy, and just as red on the inside as they are on the outside. I will always feel deprived now unless I can have a PEI strawberry.











Kennedy looks a little disturbed by this ugly but delicious creature.









We were able to buy mussels at the grocery store for only 99 cents per pound. We ate them whenever we could, about every second or third night! I could never get enough to satisfy my hunger for them.
For my birthday, Mom took Sean with her and came back with three cooked and cracked lobsters...one for Lindsay, me and Mom. They were so delicious. I just ignored the beady eyes looking at me. It brought me back to days of yore when we would have a lobster boil at my grandparent's house. I would chase my brother David with the empty carcass and he would be terrified. I was mean...
We had a great time at the Charlottetown Confederation Center, watching singers and dancers representing Quebec.
"Je me souvien."
The weather was so beautiful, but the mosquitos were really bad in the evenings. We were attacked many times...

1 comment:

Auntie Lolo said...

Wow it looks amazing there!! Grammie looks great too!! When is it my turn to go with you? I am a GREAT travel companion!! :)