Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Getting to Know Neo Kimberley

While Lindsay was here she took some fabulous pictures of little Neo.
 Neo can be very serious, she stares at you with sparkly eyes, looking into your very soul.....
She gives a lot of "half smiles", and we enjoy whatever she has to offer!  She does smile a lot, especially in the morning.  That is her best time of day.  
Her cheeks are so delectably kissably chubby, but she doesn't like too many kisses ♥
There is a photo of Bridger above the kitchen table.  Whenever Neo is being held at the table, she always stares at Bridger's photo.  Always, no matter which direction you hold her.  I guess she recognizes him as her big, strong cousin, the only boy cousin she has.

 Neo has teeny weeny little piggies, perfect for taking little nibbles.
This is Neo, staring into your soul!
Another half smile, doesn't she look like a little doll?
This is a good view of the blessing gown I made for her.
I embroidered her initials on the back of the gown by the hem.  Neo will pass the gown on to her daughter, and hopefully Neo will embroider her daughter's initals on the dress next to her own.  It is an heirloom and will be passed down from generation to generation.
Notice the little dots above the lace?  That is entredeux (a French word) which means between two.  The entredeux is sewn on between the lace and the fabric, a very painstaking process, using a lot of love!
Neo is getting sleepy, her eyes are drooping....
Come on Neo, smile ♥
Mabulane wanted some photos of Neo outside by the woods.  We layed her on a native blanket from Lesotho.  Neo isn't used to the light, so she didn't open her eyes.  She really does look like a doll!  She is very delicate and has the most graceful hands, almost like Snow White's.  I will have to try to capture them and a smile, and show you how cute they both are!
Neo is a very quiet baby. When she cries, she sounds like a kitten.  She really doesn't make many baby noises.  Yesterday when Mabulane was changing her, Neo let out two giggles.  The really happy sound that comes from your stomach.  I was there and it was so sudden and surprising, that we both screamed!  It was so unexpected and exciting.  Luckily we didn't startle Neo.  She is trying to make cooing sounds with her mouth, but hasn't quite perfected it yet.  I'm surprised because that is all we ever do, make cooing sounds in front of  her little face.
It is amazing how one teeny tiny baby can entertain so many people♥





post signature

2 comments:

Mabulane and Addison Horst said...

All your posts about your grandchildren are the best. I love the blessing gown and thanks to Lindsay for taking those beautiful picture!!

Auntie Lolo said...

I love little Neo!!! She is so sweet and the pictures are beautiful. The dress is out of this world!!!!!