Neo means "a gift from God".
Neo was taken off the breathing machine Friday morning. They put a tiny little oxygen thing with the two little notches that go into your nostrils. Neo pulled that out and she is breathing fine on her own. Now she can cry and make sounds. She couldn't before with the breathing tube in her mouth going to her lungs.
Mabulane has felt so terrible, being on the magnesium. It makes you feel sick and lousy. FINALLY, at 4:15 p.m., a little 24 hours after delivery, they took her off it. She got out of bed for the first time since the first hospital on Wednesday, 10:00 a.m. Addison and the nurse helped her into the wheelchair and off they went to the NICU. Mabulane saw Neo for the first time.
Seeing Neo in the incubator shows how teeny tiny she really is......like a miniature baby.
You can see a little bit better what she looks like.
I think she likes having her photo taken, she moved her hand for the photo op. The tape marks are still on her face from the breathing tube. They don't like to touch her too often because it disturbs her. They do touch her to take her vitals, etc. but they try to make it short.
That teeny tiny tube in Neo's mouth is how she is fed. It goes to her tummy.
Mabulane is seeing Neo for the first time. Only two can be by the bedside at once. Addison took all of these pictures.
Back in the room again. They were in a shared room and there was absolutely no room to move. While Mabulane and Addison were in the NICU, the nurses moved all their things to a private room. Hopefully they can get a better night's sleep.
I've only seen Neo once or twice a day for about 3 to 5 minutes. I visited her before I left and the nurse was just beginning to do her tests. I watched the whole thing! Look how much hair she has! It still hasn't been washed because she is too little to disturb that much.
I just had to record her little cry.
You can scroll to the bottom and pause the playlist to turn the music off.
Had to get a video of her moving around too. See how long her fingers are?
After the nurse was finished examining and testing her, Neo opened her eyes and looked around. It was the first time I saw her eyes! They looked dark blue to me. I talked to her and she listened. I could tell because she got really still.
Hi Neo ♥
Night Night




4 comments:
O wow Cynthia!
Congradulations!....She is just adorable.
Her little face is soooo cute and her hair!!!
I hope all continues to go well with both mother and new little daughter:)
xxlori
Thank you so much for posting all these fabulous photos so fast!! Especially for those of us who aren't there (which is most of us). I am so happy that Mabulane got to see Neo finally! And Neo had better like her picture taken to be in your family ;)
Congratulations to all of you ! I hope that Mabulane is doing well , Neo is so adorable, I love her hair. Mom is here as well and got to see the pictures . She wishes she was there to see her . Love Dianne
Cindy,
What a darling "Little" bundle of JOY! So glad to hear that Neo and Mom are both doing well. Give Addison our congratulations and best wishes for all of them.
Love,
Pam & Gary
Post a Comment