Tuesday, September 21, 2010

The Big Game

This opportunity comes very rarely....Brigham Young University Cougars came to Tallahassee to play the Florida State Seminoles.  We just had to go.  Ricky graduated from BYU and so did Jeremy and Lindsay.  Tallahassee is a 3 l/2 drive from Ocala, so we packed  our BYU gear and off we went.
Our hotel room was a pleasant surprise.  Marriott Residence Inn, we never stayed there before.
Ready to hit the town, BYU style!
Tailgate parties were everywhere, gold and garnet galore.
We walked a mile from the hotel to the stadium.
Where was the BYU tailgate party?  I think the flyer said the Civic Center.  We walked a mile back in the oppressive heat and humidity.
Oh my heck, BYU cheerleaders!  I think we found the tailgate party.
Look who's at the bottom of the escalator to greet us!  Missionaries!
We bought some new LDS gear and met Brother Lavoie, our Stake Young Men's president.  He took our picture together :)
Sean really wants to go to BYU after his mission.
Can you believe this?  The cheerleaders thought Sean was so handsome, they asked if they could have their picture taken with him.  hahaha!  He made all their dreams come true!
Not only did the cheerleaders want to have their picture taken with Sean, but so did Cosmo the Cougar, BYU's mascot.  Numero Uno.
After all that excitement, it was time to walk another mile to the stadium, for the game.
The marching band spelled "Noles" on the field, short for Seminoles.
Their mascot is a real Seminole Indian riding a real horse.  Pretty impressive.
See that little teeny section of blue amongst the vast sea of red?  Those are the faithful BYU fans.  Some flew in from Utah, others drove from areas in Florida and Georgia, Alabama. 
See what I mean by a sea of red, I mean garnet?
The BYU team....
This is the scoreboard when we left the stadium......couldn't take the defeat any longer, the chops and the F-L-O-R-I-D-A  S-T-A-T-E chants.......FSU scored another touchdown after we left, so the score isn't accurate....can't bring myself to type the actual score......
enjoy this Doug :)
No matter what the score, we had a great time just being together.




--

2 comments:

Doug said...

Come on Cynthia . . . did you really think BYU would upset the Mighty Mighty 'Noles? BYU has never beat the Seminoles. Besides I thought you were a Seminole fan too????

Just so you don't think I hate BYU - I don't. I am a loyal fan - just not when they're playing the Seminoles. Lois and I go see them every year when they come to Fort Worth to play TCU.

Auntie Lolo said...

Cynthia you have made my husband a happy man by mentioning him on your blog! :)

I loved all the photos and I can't believe the missionaries were waiting to greet you at the tailgate party, so funny!!