Vanessa and I drove almost 2 l/2 hours to Titusville, to see the live launch of the Space Shuttle Atlantis, the last mission to repair the Hubble telescope, and perhaps the last space shuttle launch ever! We got there an hour and a half early, found a great parking spot making sure that the car was facing outward so we could make a quicker getaway. The day was HOT, about 91 degrees, with a nice breeze. We bought a hot dog for lunch at a little stand, and some gatorade for the wait.
We grabbed our lawn chairs and waited.....watched people.......Then the final countdown......We had our cameras ready........
We grabbed our lawn chairs and waited.....watched people.......Then the final countdown......We had our cameras ready........
2 comments:
That is so awesome. We are in Corpus Cristy Texas right now. We are staying at the Omni Hotel right on the coast. The ocean is out my window. I'm taking pictures and I'll post them when I get home.
I love your shots of the missel and I love that you and Vanessa are together.
Cindy
Wish I could have been there!
Post a Comment