Saturday, February 11, 2012

Sean's Mission Call


We were pretty sure that it would take Sean's mission call about 10 to 14 days to arrive.  Sean took the mailbox key and put it on his key chain, and checked the mail daily.  Little did he know that I had an extra one :) I checked the mail a few times to see if the large white envelope was in the box.  When it wasn't, I just left the mail there for Sean to find.  One day Sean was late getting home from work.  I checked the mailbox and imagine my excitement when I spotted a large white envelope titled "Elder Sean Christian Horst" in the box.......I thought about leaving it there for him to find but what if he didn't come straight home?  It would just sit there.....what to do, what to do? There was only one choice.......grab the envelope, and run jumping and screaming to the house to tell Ricky the news!!!!  That's right, I skipped and jumped back to the house, singing and singing and singing.  I didn't care who saw me.  That is my story, our last missionary, a ton of excitement!
Please excuse my silly gasps and oohs and aahs as I film Sean opening his call.  Enjoy!




We had a guessing game within our family, and our police chief who really wanted to be included.  Everyone guessed where Sean would be called.  Seven people guessed Brazil, including the police chief!  I promised a little prize to all those who guessed the right country.  Here is what I came up with..
A gift bag with the Brazilian flag, filled with.....
A box of white chocolate covered oreo cookies, some Brazil nuts, a bottle of acai water, and a page of interesting facts about Brazil.
Only Ricky and I were there when Sean opened his call, but he called his grandparents and brothers and sisters afterwards.


post signature

2 comments:

Kelly E. said...

Cynthia, thank you for sharing this! I am crying as I write this. What a wonderful blessing for you and your family! Miss your wonderful family and seeing you every sunday. Tell Sean good luck! I'm very excited for him and you guys!

tasha said...

hi cynthia! your post made me so teary!! i can only imagine right now since my oldest boy is just 15, but i hope i'll have a moment like this someday too. congrats!! how exciting! ;)

p.s. my mom's name is cynthia...spelled the same and i have a brother named sean...spelled just the same. funny!