Friday, November 20, 2009

Paparazzi!






Mabulane and I went to our local movie theater in Ocala, because we knew that John Travolta, Kelly Preston and their daughter Ella Bleu were going to walk the red carpet for the debut of their new movie, "Old Dogs" for a fundraiser.




We were at the very front of the red carpet, right where the limo was going to deliver them. Did you hear that? The very front!!!!This tall plant kept getting in the way though, you will see it in the video a little later....

There were a few men around us that were regulars to events like this. One man had a binder with 8 X10 glossy photos of stars that he gets signed. He had three for the Travoltas. He said that Ed Asner is coming to Ocala this weekend. Anyway, this kind and informative man took our photo.

Ocala's finest!


There was lots of entertainment on the red carpet before the big event. A juggler.....


A sexy stiltwalker.....

and a mime.
All of a sudden, two of Ocala's motorcycle police roared in with lights flashing and sirens wailing. Then a white SUV with 4 big men, I think they were the bodyguards. Then a huge white limo with friends of the Travoltas, followed by a white jaquar without tinted windows. The Travoltas were in the back seat.



AAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!
Not really, but it was sooooooo exciting to be that close.

Everyone wanted to meet him.....

Oh my gosh, they're coming this way!!! Mabulane, get the book out! Get ready!
I shook his hand and Kelly's. I thought about never washing my hand, but then I remembered about the swine flu. haha!
Look how cute Ella Bleu is, look how nice and friendly they are!


They walked right past us, but Kelly said they would be right back. They had to do their photo ops for the press.


This is the best I could do, sorry Mabulane!


I think this reporter is from Access Hollywood. She looks really familiar. Mabulane got some autographs, and the reporter interviewed Mabulane. She asked her how she felt. Mabulane was almost choking on her gum and couldn't answer, she just kept laughing. I am taping the show and Inside Edition tonight to see if she made it on. Addison thinks Mabulane will probably be on Jay Leno instead!!!


What an exciting afternoon. Definately worth a 90 minute wait!

3 comments:

Nielson said...

Looks like fun! Wish I could have been there--great pictures too!

Emilee said...

That is so cool... I heard a lot of actors/actresses live or vacation in Ocala. Your lucky! Love, Em

Whitney said...

Fun! I love John Travolta!