Thursday, March 19, 2009

I Need to Make a Decision


Just look at this adorable face. Okay, the little one in the pink. Ha ha ha! I have been planning on making her an Easter dress for months. It is down to the crunch. I have ordered two patterns in the mail but just can't make up my mind. Kennedy is 1 l/2 years old and she is growing up fast. I originally bought the Bessie pattern because it was different. Then I thought Basic Square Yoke Dress. Now I am back to the Bishop style dress. It is mostly for little girls, so maybe I should make her Easter dress in that pattern. What do you think?
Here are two samples of bishop dresses. My fabric is almost the same as the pink print. That style really suits a teeny little girl.






This is Bessie. It is smocked in the front and the back, and buttons down the front. I made it for Vanessa when she was 7. It was white fabric, with smocked candy canes. I might make it for Kennedy that way at Christmas.




This is the Basic Square yoke dress pattern. Short puffy sleeves with a sash in the back. It buttons in the back, and has a peter pan round collar. This would work very well for next Easter, or the Easter after that when Kennedy is 3 going on 4. Bridger's age.



This is the Bishop pattern. I don't really like the dresses in the photo that much, but the dresses the little girls in the first photos are really cute. The fabric I'm sewing the dress with is the white with pink flowers.





So please leave a comment and help me decide. Tell me why also. Thanks for your help. Anxiously waiting your opinions because I need to get started ASAP!




10 comments:

Auntie Lolo said...

I don't know what the pattern is called but I like the dresses under the photo of you and Kennedy. Those designs are darling. You are such a wonderful grammie!

South Jordan Central Ward said...

I like the bishop ones--the 2 right under you and Kennedy. I don't know WHY they are my favorite, but I just think they are the cutest! Especially that little purple one!

Lori Holt said...

I Like the field of flowers. I don't think it looks too babyish for Kennedy. It's so Easter looking and the fabric that you have will make it so sweet....
whatever you choose will be darling!

P.S. The photos with your grandkids are so endearing!!

Lisa said...

I love the sleeve and smocking on the field of flowers. I also love the material you picked. You know I love PINK! You are the best grandma ever!

Nielson said...

I can't wait! Field of Flowers will be so cute!

Treasures By Brenda said...

I love the smocking and the pink flowers. The little girls in your life are lucky to have you!

I've created a page Simple & Affordable Little Girls' Easter Dresses For Spring & Summer where your blog just happened to pop up on a list today! The dresses on my page are sweet, maybe not of interest to someone who is as talented as you must be, but maybe to others...

The music on your page was beautiful! Thanks for the visit!

Brenda

Rachel said...

You have probably already made your decision, but for what it's worth, I love the bishops dresses! They are so beautiful and I think Kennedy would look gorgeous in it! I love the fabric you have too! So cute! You HAVE to blog some pictures of it when you're finished!!!!

cindy-stitches-n-stuff.blogspot.com said...

I don't know where I've been, I didn't see this. I like the first one the best. Lucky Kennedy.

The Whatcott's said...

Hey you talented Grandma,
I love the field of flowers dress, and love the cute fabric. They go together well. Kennedy will look like a little doll in it. How's things?

Miss ya,
Pam

The Bruce Family said...

I love the first two pictures and can just see kennedy in it now . She would be so adorable , I really like the field of flowers one.